Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let's Take a Trip

Each summer, the IZ Ranch recruits a work crew to clean and maintain a specific site for their business. The site I worked on this summer, like I had previously mentioned before, was not the only site. I spent the last three summers working at the IZ Ranch, so I was fortunate enough to see three other sites. Since my grandparents run the business, I am also well in tune with what sort of properties are connected to the IZ Ranch.

On Sundays, we were able to tour the entire ranch! It was very fascinating to see some of the other sites from previous years I had worked at the Ranch and to see how they were making progress. I usually saw the properties at their beginning stages, but many of these sites have gone well past where I saw them at. 

Our first stop on the tour was called Bruce's Corner. This was last year's work site. We had torn up the existing barbed wire fence and built a new barbed wire fence. It looked great! It was amazing to see the hard work continues to pay off, as the owner of IZ is proud of and grateful for his teams accomplishments!



A glimpse of Beaver Creek IZ.


Looking at a water spring at Bruce's Corner.

Another perspective of IZ.


During our tour on the first Sunday we were at IZ, we were driving the back hills and someone spotted elk! I had never seen an elk before! A huge herd was running over the mountains. The road we were on was perfect because we could see them from a distance, and the hills they were running through paralleled the road, so we could follow them for a bit. It was so exciting! We had binoculars that we passed around to each other. The picture below shows the elk running across the mountains. They are hard to see, but the elk are mid- left of the picture. Try to spot them!




No comments:

Post a Comment